The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5-TR® Diagnostic Exam
- List Price
- Product not available.
Designed for interviewers at all levels of experience, The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5-TR Diagnostic Exam is the clinician's companion for using DSM-5-TR in diagnostic interviews. Both experienced clinicians and those still in training will benefit from the thoughtful, yet practical, fashion in which DSM-5 revisions are reviewed and incorporated into the 30-minute diagnostic interview.
This guide is written for all levels of experience, since every clinician needs to master both DSM-5-TR criteria and how to conduct a fruitful diagnostic interview. The book:
- Provides insight into the process of establishing a therapeutic alliance, which remains the goal of any psychiatric encounter, even one as brief as the diagnostic interview.
- Offers an extensive set of resources to enhance understanding. These include a brief, easy-to-use summary of DSM-5-TR disorders; the Mental Status Examination and a psychiatric glossary; suggestions for mental health treatment planning; guidance for the ABPN Clinical Skills Evaluation; DSM-5-TR-related diagnostic tools and scales; and coverage of alternative diagnostic systems and rating scales.
- Provides a sequential framework for generating a differential diagnosis, using a six-step approach, that will help clinicians develop their clinical decision-making skills and ensure that they consider the many and interrelated causes of mental disorders.
Direct, practical, and informative, The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5-TR Diagnostic Exam will enable readers to efficiently and effectively employ DSM-5 as part of a comprehensive diagnostic interview.
- Introduction to the Diagnostic Interview
- Alliance Building During a Diagnostic Interview
- The 30-Minute Diagnostic Interview
- Personalizing Diagnoses Through Dimensions
- Key Changes in DSM-5-TR
- The DSM-5-TR Diagnostic Interview
- A Brief Version of DSM-5-TR
- Six Questions to a Differential Diagnosis
- A Mental Status Examination: With Essential Psychiatric Glossary
- Mental Health Treatment Planning
- The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Clinical Skills Evaluation
- Selected DSM-5-TR Assessment Measures
- Dimensional Diagnosis of Personality Disorders
- Alternative Diagnostic Systems and Rating Scales
About the Authors
Abraham M. Nussbaum, M.D., M.T.S., is Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Assistant Dean of Graduate Medical Education at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, and Chief Education Officer at Denver Health in Denver, Colorado.
Carousel Control - items will scroll by tabbing through them, otherwise arrows can be used to scroll one item at a time