DSM-5-TR® Self-Exam Questions
Test Questions for the Diagnostic Criteria
DSM-5-TR Self-Exam Questions: Test Questions for the Diagnostic Criteria elucidates the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision, through self-exam questions designed to test the reader's knowledge of the new edition's diagnostic criteria. Mental health professionals, ranging from clinicians and students to psychiatric nurses and social workers, will benefit from this substantive text's 400-plus questions. This book is a must have for anyone seeking to fully understand the content of DSM-5-TR.
Some of the book's most beneficial features include the following:
- Self-exam questions and cases designed to test the reader's knowledge of diagnoses and diagnostic criteria (e.g., the new diagnosis, prolonged grief disorder).
- Questions about selected conceptual components of Section III in DSM-5-TR—including the online assessment measures, Cultural Formulation Interview, and alternative model of personality disorders—enabling readers to learn about important diagnostic considerations and tools, as well as potential future diagnostic approaches.
- Short answers that explain the rationale for each correct answer, with page references to content in DSM-5-TR for further information.
- Answers containing important information on the diagnostic classification, criteria sets, diagnoses, codes, severity, dimension of diagnosis, and considerations of culture, age, and gender.
Straightforward, practical, and illustrative, DSM-5-TR Self-Exam Questions: Test Questions for the Diagnostic Criteria will successfully test and broaden the DSM-5-TR knowledge of all mental health professionals.
- Chapter 1. Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Chapter 2. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychiatric Disorders
- Chapter 3. Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Chapter 4. Depressive Disorders
- Chapter 5. Anxiety Disorders
- Chapter 6. Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Chapter 7. Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Chapter 8. Dissociative Disorders
- Chapter 9. Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- Chapter 10. Feeding and Eating Disorders
- Chapter 11. Elimination Disorders
- Chapter 12. Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Chapter 13. Sexual Dysfunctions
- Chapter 14. Gender Dysphoria
- Chapter 15. Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
- Chapter 16. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Chapter 17. Neurocognitive Disorders
- Chapter 18. Personality Disorders
- Chapter 19. Paraphilic Disorders
- Chapter 20. Medication-Induced Movement Disorders
- Chapter 21. Assessment Measures
- Chapter 22. Culture and Psychiatric Diagnosis (DSM-5-TR Section III)
- Chapter 23. Alternative DSM-5 Model for Personality Disorders (DSM-5 Section III)
Carousel Control - items will scroll by tabbing through them, otherwise arrows can be used to scroll one item at a time