Terms and Conditions of Use for American Psychiatric Association Websites
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the APA websites are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. APA is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact APA immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the APA websites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the APA websites by other users or with APA's operation and management of the APA websites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the APA websites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an APA Web site registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, APA reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the APA websites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the APA websites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including APA, through your use of the APA websites.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of the APA websites includes, without limitation, (i) APA's trademarks, service marks, seal, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively "APA Marks"); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the APA websites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as "APA Content"). APA Content is the property of the APA, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any APA Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the APA or the owner of such content if the APA is not the owner. Any use of the APA Marks without APA's express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the APA Content, including any such notices appearing on any APA Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the APA websites.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and APA websites. Use of the Internet and the APA websites is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. APA does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the APA websites over the Internet or other communication network. APA shall not be obligated to correct or update the APA websites or the APA Content and APA shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the APA websites.
- Medical Disclaimer. The information available on and through the APA’s websites is presented in summary form as a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the knowledge, skill and judgment of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians and health care professionals. The information has been obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, APA makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of this information. Should you have any health, medical or disability questions or concerns, please consult a physician or other health care professional. Information accessed on or through APA’s websites is neither complete nor exhaustive and does not cover all disabilities, diseases, illnesses and physical conditions or their management or treatment. Information accessed on and through APA’s websites is provided "AS IS" and without warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The information provided on the APA websites is provided for general information only.
- Patient Information. The APA websites, including any public forums which you may access via the APA websites, may contain confidential patient information ("Patient Information"). State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, may impose obligations with respect to patient confidentiality that may limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of Patient Information, including transmitting Patient Information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of Patient Information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any patient consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information.
- Third-Party Information. The APA websites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the APA websites are those of the respective third party and not of APA or its affiliates. APA makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third-party materials, information, services or products. Comments posted in the blog section of the APA websites do not necessarily reflect the position of the APA or any of its subsidiaries or related organizations.
- Links to Third Party websites. The APA websites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which APA exercises no control. The appearance of any such third-party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the APA websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. The APA shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the APA websites. Further, the APA shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the APA websites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to APA websites and APA Content. Links posted by third parties to the APA websites and/or APA Content may not use the APA trademark or logo and shall not suggest that APA promotes or otherwise endorses any third-party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the APA websites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. APA reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates APA's rights or causes interruption or deterioration of APA Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE APA websites AND APA CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER APA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY "APA PARTIES") PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE APA websites OR APA CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE APA websites WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APA websites WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) APA CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE APA websites. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 17 AND 18 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND APA'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Click-through Agreement, constitutes the entire agreement between you and the APA relating to the APA websites and its use by you, and supersedes any previous written or oral communication regarding use of the APA websites. The APA websites are intended to be consistent with and in furtherance of the APA's policies adopted by the APA Board of Trustees.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the APA websites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.